3.28.2011

in recent news...

we have had an eventful couple of weeks. so eventful, that this post is probably going
to be way too long to keep you entertained. in attempts to avoid boring you to death,
i will just tell you about the highlights of our experience!

you are welcome.

1. we were able to go to utah to attend alex and jodi's wedding! oh my goodness, this
wedding was so beautiful! don't ask me why, but i didn't take any pictures.
i am sure kickin' myself now! here are a few though, compliments of my sister-in-law...

don't they just look so in love! i am so happy for them!

our very large family!

 zachary, me, and arika at the luncheon.

my beautiful sister-in-law, arika, and her parade of boys...just kidding!
these are her brothers.
arent they so handsome?

2. all of the averett siblings got together to have a memorial night for their mom.
she passed away 6 years ago almost to this day. they shared stories and memories
about her and everyone made a dish for dinner that reminded them of her.
it was an incredible experience for those of us that never had the chance to know her!

back l to r: arika, alex, jodi, michelle, kelby, me, autumn, and deven.
front l to r: jayden, kloie, papa averett, triston, and brin.
{we skyped/called zachary}

3. i got to go to ephraim and spend time with my family and friends!

 i got to go to lunch with my wonderful parents!

 i helped my brother paint his house.

 and i was reunited with this girl!

 ...and ate way too much junk food. we are really good at that.

4. i was able to see my aunt and cousin when i got back to alabama.
i haven't seen them in almost ten years!


5. my cute boy graduated from asbc!


6. we made the long trek from montgomery to del rio. we stayed at air force bases along
the way and tried to make a vacation out of it. my favorite part was when we stayed in
mississippi. we went to the beach that night and just laid there, cuddling and talking,
while we listened to the ocean waves. i'm so glad i married such a romantacist.

{i could just eat him up!}

this was when we went to the back bay restaurant in gulf port, ms.
story time:
i look at the menu here and decide to get a chicken wrap.
i tell the waitress what i want and she stops and looks at me and says,
"honey, you are at a seafood restaurant.
you have to get some seafood."
{sidenote: i hate seafood.}
i kindly tell her that i am not a fan and i will stick with what i had in mind.
she was very adamant that i had to try some seafood though and wouldn't let it go.
zachary gets after me about being "close minded" when it comes to food.
so after all of her coaxing and persuading and a guarantee to be able to get
something else if i didn't like it, i ordered the special of the day:
mahi mahi topped with shrimp and vegetables.
one bite and i thought, "okay maybe seafood isn't all so bad."
two bites..."this is funny tastin'."
three bites..."i may just hurl."
i can honestly say that i gave it my best shot,
but i just couldn't stomach it.
i didn't want to be rude, so i thought i would just try to bear it.
that is until the lady next to us got up to leave with her husband.
she excused herself and told me almost sternly, that if i didn't like my meal,
i had darn well better get something different because that waitress talked
me into getting what i did.
i don't think i would have done anything about it if she hadn't said something.
zachary found someone and they kindly gave me a different meal.
needless to say, we didn't see our waitress much for the rest of the night.
moral of the story: don't let anyone talk you into getting something that you
know you don't like!
moral two of the story: don't be a push over! it gets you nowhere in life.

7. we are now official texans! we made it to laughlin afb yesterday and so far,
everything is going really well. we took some time to drive around town yesterday and it
is actually a lot better than we were expecting. it feels like we are living in a little mexico!
we can't move into our house for a couple of weeks, but we just found out that we
get a 3 bedroom/2 bath house. we are really excited about all of the room!!
as for now, we will spend our time gorging ourselves with these yummy mexican candies...


and seeing this every night...


-the wife

 p.s. we are looking at getting a puppy. so far, we are leaning most toward one of these
white german shepherds...


your thoughts??

5 comments:

  1. I always love to read about what you guys are up to and you are way better and explaining things than I am. I hope you guys are loving it there and we really want to come visit you guys someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sold! Those puppies are gorgeous! I'm glad you tried the Seafood but I'm sorry you still hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Equation: Measure the paw of the puppy, multiply by 3. This is the length of the turd you will be picking up twice each day.

    Fact: According to the National Kennel Association, the average cost of a dog during it's life time will be between $7500.00 and $10,000.00.

    Fact: I love dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fact: I love you guys, and I love your blog! Dad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...