7.20.2012

top five friday.

#1 - mini golfing. how many times has this activity made it to top five friday? i can remember at least two different occasions - it just doesn't get old, i guess.


it was the cutest little golf course i ever did see. this was our first date since we've had copper and boy, was it a much needed one.

#2 - speaking of copper, guess who made it the entire night in his crate without whining once? hooray! which means that the mister and i finally got longer than a four-hour streak of sleep. that definitely deserves a spot in the top five. i know it's nothing like it'll be one day when we have to get up in the night for a baby, but it's been quite the adjustment for a sleep lover like me. to celebrate, here's a cute video of him playing with a pig that my mom bought him. enjoy!


#3 - this text:


it brought on all sorts of confusion and then all sorts of downright laughter. thank you autocorrect.

#4 - new church callings. the mister and i just got put in as the 9 and 10 year old teachers at church and i can already tell that i'm going to love it. i taught the 4 years olds in california and as cute as they were, it was a little hard to relate. i feel like the 9 and 10 years old are the perfect age - young enough to not want to cross you, but old enough to understand when you're trying to be funny. they're actually pretty funny themselves. we overheard a couple of the boys talking in between classes. they were playing with some bible hero cards and one of them pulled out david. he looked at it and then disgustedly announced, "david isn't a hero! he was cool when he was younger, but then he turned into an idiot!" haha! it's amazing to me how much they know. i think this calling is going to bring us some pretty fun times.

#5 - r-days. i'm not really sure what the r stands for. rest? relaxation? whatever it is, it basically equates to free days off for the mister. he has had 3 r-days this week and i can't even tell you how glorious it has been! we've slept in and done a whole lot of nothing {aka lots of blogging and video games} i'm so glad we have had some time together before he gets into the nitty gritty at work. {his first alert is next sunday. ca-razy!}

hope you have a wonderful friday my friends! feel free to grab my button and link up with me below to share your favorite things from the week too!

-the mrs.

Zachary and Sarah

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the 9 and 10 year olds at church. And mini-golf really does never get old. My husband and I play the same course all the time haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! Eeek I can't believe he starts next Sunday!!! Dev starts shifts this Sunday and I'm not looking forward to it. Copper is so so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! My husband and I taught 4th graders Sunday School at our church last year and they are crazy! They just have no filter and say such funny things! I am excited to hear your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that shirt you're wearing at the mini-golf course is so cute!! Haha, I love puzzles, so I'm kinda dying to have it! It looks like you had a great week! And you're blog is so cute!! I found you through the Vintage Wanna Bee Saturday Hop and would love it if you had the chance to stop by :)

    -Jessica (Sew In Love)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love mini golf dates and copper is ridiculously CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...